Sunday, January 2, 2011

School Lunches + Picky Eaters = New System!

If you know anything about my girls' eating habits, you know they are PICKY! So, in order to get them to eat healthier and add a little bit more of a variety (in baby steps, of course), I have come up with a system.

The back door seemed to be the perfect spot because it is magnetic and it has two areas, one for each kiddo. I found clip art of the foods they like and printed them out - color coded roughly by food group - and put them on magnets.
The rule: they have to choose one item from each group for their lunch each day. I will throw in some treats and maybe even some new things to try. I am not holding my breath on that part though, I am not kidding when I say they are PICKY, PICKY, PICKY! I guess we will see how this works out...

2 comments: